To the conservatives who demand we stay in the shadows…
- I refuse to be silenced.
- I refuse to turn the other cheek.
- I refuse to lie down and let you walk all over my rights.
- I refuse to allow you to harm those I care about – my family, my friends, my lovers, my partner.
- I don’t accept you’re “just sayin'”.
- I don’t accept “there’s nothing personal”.
- I don’t accept it’s how you were brought up.
- I don’t accept you “believe what you believe”.
- I don’t accept I’m the sinner and you’re the saint.
- I don’t accept sophistic arguments about “tradition”.
- I don’t accept you have the needs of children in mind.
- I don’t accept the notion of “hate the sin, love the sinner”.
- I don’t accept your actions come from a real concern about society.
- I don’t accept you have to follow what your religious book tells you to.
- You’re a bigot.
- You’re a coward.
- You’re a hypocrite.
- You’re sick, and you need help.
- You’re a sad failure of a human who uses religious ramblings to justify prejudice and phobias.